- Schedule – first of all put together a schedule of key dates and work back from those. Black Friday, Christmas Day, last day for Christmas orders……
- Be a helpful resource – your customers will be bombarded with promotions and sales-y emails during the pre-Christmas period. Be the voice of calm! Write helpful, relevant social media posts and emails. Whatever your audience will find useful and of interest. It’s worth putting some time and effort into creating quality, helpful content. People will remember you for it. This will depend on your business but some examples would be:
- Advice on planning a Christmas party
- Shopping ideas for those ‘difficult to buy for’ people!
- Ways to minimise stress during the festive period
- Make the most of the personal. One of the advantages of being a small business is that you can come across as more real and relevant to people’s lives than a big business. Make the most of personal experiences, whether about your clients or about you, to promote your products or services. Do you have photos, videos or stories from previous Christmasses that you can use?
Use your experience and your imagination to come up with effective, relevant and attention-grabbing ideas!
And Finally….. These Online Marketing Principles Work All Year Round!
The three key principles – Scheduling, Relevance and Personal Connection – apply all year round, to all types of business. They’re not just for Christmas! So, even if yours is a business that isn’t focussed on Christmas sales, you can apply these principles very effectively to any online marketing campaign.
Happy Christmas Marketing!