By Marie Allen
As you gear up for 2013, a year of brand new business opportunities and exciting new projects, is your website up to scratch? Or could it do with a bit of a spring clean?
No, I am not suggesting for one minute that you need a brand new website every year! But a little bit of sweeping away the cobwebs and rearranging the furniture could well be in order. Three things to think about:
- Has your target market changed since you wrote your web content. Does it need a little updating to reflect your current business model and to attract the right clients?
- Are you offering any new services or have some of your older service offerings changed? Update your website’s text to reflect that.
- Could your website be doing more to bring in new business? Perhaps this is a good time to introduce a blog or an email newsletter:
- Blog – great if one of your New Year Ressies is to make more use of social media (as you can use it to drive traffic from Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to your website) or if you need to improve your website’s search engine ranking
- E-mail Newsletter – great for keeping in touch with current clients and for getting the word out to potential clients. Then, when the time is right for them to buy, your business is stuck in their minds because you have taken the trouble to keep in touch with them on a regular basis
Let me know what you are doing to breathe new life into your website this January!